Saturday, October 3, 2009

The "All New" Radio Jerusalem

A couple of weeks ago, and after many attempts by the previous holders of the Jerusalem license to stop them, the "All New" Radio Jerusalem 101FM went on the air. Radio Habira, as they started out (Radio Jerusalem 101FM today), went on the air from their studios on the 11th floor of the Technological Garden building opposite the Malch Mall.

This has great sentimental value for me, as for 18 months I worked in exactly the same place as a presenter for the now defunct English language radio station 93.6 RAM FM. When I saw the video of Radio Jerusalem http://www.haflla.com/template/default.aspx?PageId=332, I must admit, a lump came to my throat. The studios and offices became a part of my life for one of the most wonderful periods of my life. But more about RAM FM another time.

Radio Jerusalem have not had good reviews, and have been called a station for Jerusalems taxi drivers. The reception is sometimes non-existent in the center part of the country, with 101FM off the air more than it is on the air!

So let's hope it is teething problems, and they get on to full power soon. As for content? Not for me. I suppose I will keep on listening to 88FM, Radius and SAMA FM - the station that took over the 87.7 and 93.6 slots from RAM FM

1 comment:

InternetOMG.com said...

Interesting stuff Mike. Looking forward to reading more of your insights about Israeli radio, and the various radio station choices one can receive where you live, in the center of the country.