Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Eco 99FM












A new station hit the airwaves this week - Eco99FM - an "enviromental" radio station. Whilst reading the various Israeli radio forums and the critical revues it has received, I must admit, the little I have heard, I like.

I was listening this afternoon, and there was veteran broadcaster Ronit Kfir. Ronit was one of my favorite lecturers when I was doing a brush up course at Radio Tel Aviv in 1999. She was interviewing people of how to build houses that are friendly to the enviroment and that save money in electricity. Nothing really earth shattering here, but was better than Didi Locali that was being syndicated on nearly every other station (see a previous post).

As I am 50+ I like the music as well, although there are some that yearn for BU99, the station for "youngsters". I must say, hearing dance and trance music throughout the day is certainly not my cup of tea!

But what Eco99FM plans to do in the future beats me. How long can you talk about the enviroment in each day, and if you don't (they have sports programmes as well), well that doesn't justify winning the tender on the enviromental ticket.

As I said, I for one like what I hear at the moment, it's like a pool of sanity in a world of either phone in programmes, agony aunts, or current affairs and news programmes - oh and did I say I liked the music?

No comments: